"We didn't expect you'd been living under a rock for the past several years, or that you made a pit stop from Mars" -- Judge Michael Pastor's reaction when no potential juror in the Dr Conrad Murray case raised a hand to say they were unaware of the story. More than half of the first batch of jurors were dismissed on grounds that serving on the case would cause them financial hardship. 72 remained to fill out lengthy questionnaire about their views on the case and Michael Jackson in general. Murray is accused of involuntary manslughter in the death of singer in 2009.
The full story so far from Linda Deutsch - the only journalist in court for the jury selection process
* Opening statements tentatively scheduled for Sept 27
* CA appeal court refused to halt jury selection process
* Several tabloid outlets are reporting that Dr. Murray will take the stand in his own defense.
* Jury selection may take three weeks
- PETER BOWES
- Los Angeles, California, United States
- Hello and welcome to my website. I am a British-born, naturalized American, living in California. Based in Los Angeles, I work as a correspondent for BBC television, radio and digital outlets, covering everything from US politics and world affairs to technology, natural disasters and Hollywood. I also host the Live Long and Master Aging (LLAMA) podcast. My special interest is the science of human longevity - food, fasting, exercise and long-term health. All views expressed reflect my personal experiences. I advise anyone considering adopting a new diet or fitness regime to first consult with their doctor. Links on this site are to my personal portfolio of audio, video and text. Copyright of broadcast works remain with the BBC and LLAMA podcast content with Healthspan Media LLC. Thanks for the visit!