Erin Sharoni: Optimizing diet and healthspan
Nutritional supplementation is one of the most frequently raised topics in relation to longevity and healthy living. But do we really need additional components in our diet, such as pterostilbene , sulforaphane and resveratrol? Scientifically validated studies suggest some dietary supplements are beneficial to our health, but how do we decide which ones to take? There are myriad considerations. To explore the subject, the LLAMA podcast is teaming up with JUVICELL, a nutraceutical product developed by US and German scientists. In this conversation with Peter Bowes, co-founder, Erin Sharoni, discusses the scientific, ethical and societal issues involved in developing a product that aims to extend healthspan.
- The study of epigenetics and what it means. Our internal and external environments and how they interact.
- Erin's "obsession" with the human body and how it changes over time.
- Does living like an elite athlete help us live longer?
- The basic protocols for good health, like sleep, diet and hydration that impact longevity
- The most basic lifestyle traits that help us thrive.
- Why there is no magic bullet to optimum health.
- The insurance policy approach to dietary supplementation.
- The power of fasting and the work of Dr. Valter Longo at the university of Southern California (USC).
- The idea and mission behind JUVICELL
- Why the mission is to help people optimize healthspan rather than lifespan.
- Explaining the ingredients that go together to form an all-in-one dietary supplement.
- Safety, supplementation and ethical responsibility to follow the science.
- Lessons from the Covid pandemic and the big changes needed at a societal level to enable healthier populations.
- Sleep, whole foods, meditation and other lifestyle components to promote every day health and longevity.
This episode is brought to you in association with JUVICELL, the all-in-one longevity supplement that contains 10 key ingredients shown to have a positive impact on healthspan, as validated by scientific studies. To find out more, visit juvicell.com
The Live Long and Master Aging podcast shares ideas but does not offer medical advice. If you have health concerns of any kind, or you are considering adopting a new diet or exercise regime, you should consult your doctor.