Baby boomers make up a significant portion of the world's population. In the US and the UK the generation born between 1946 and 1964 represents about a fifth of all people and is a hugely influential group. So what's it like to be a boomer in 2021? Many are still working, physically active and important contributors to the economy. Others are retired and enjoying the fruits of their careers, while some are facing up to the challenges of life as a septuagenarian.
"My almost fervent, religious conviction is we can all do better," says Dave Frost, a decorated naval officer, world-ranked oarsman and Master Fitness Trainer.
Dave was born in 1953. The San Diego-based author of KaBoomer: Thriving and Striving into Your Nineties is the founder of Well Past Forty, a company that promotes wellness and fitness for athletes of all ages and abilities. In this LLAMA podcast interview, with Peter Bowes, he discusses his gregarious approach to life, ambitious athletic goals and plan to "live large" into his tenth decade.
Recorded: March 16, 2021 | Read a transcript and show notes at the LLAMA podcast website.
Topics covered in this interview include:
- What is it like to be a baby boomer in 2021?
- Dave's definition of the "encore" years and what it means to live in the "best act yet" of our lives.
- Living through the bottom of the happiness curve.
- Figuring out the daily activities, including motion and purpose, that enhance life.
- The life-changing impact of 911.
- Embracing the Loma Linda, low stress, outdoor lifestyle, for longevity.
- The importance of breathing for everyday health and good sleep.
- The joy of distance running and how the runner's high can be achieved with alternatives forms of exercise, as we get older.
- The value of exercise, quiet time, mind-body alignment and "living large" as we age into our nineties.
This episode is brought to you in association with JUVICELL, the all-in-one longevity supplement that contains 10 key ingredients shown to have a positive impact on healthspan, as validated by scientific studies. To find out more, visit juvicell.com
The Live Long and Master Aging podcast shares ideas but does not offer medical advice. If you have health concerns of any kind, or you are considering adopting a new diet or exercise regime, you should consult your doctor.
Post a Comment